To me, what could be better than to mix Papercrafting with Mixed Media?? I even did some recycling along the way. I started with a kraft colored bag that I got when picking up food one night.
No smell--no grease :)
1. On scrap white cardstock, I stamped the Dahlia stamp three times.
2. Cut around the stamped images.
3. Using removable adhesive, I glued the images to the bottom of my bag.
4. Paint over the entire front of the bag (including over the glued flowers) with the lighter color of teal paint.
5. With the glued flowers still in place, I used the Chain Male stencil from StencilGirl and stenciled over the entire bag using the darker color teal paint.
6. Take off the stencil.
7. Remove the glued on flowers.
8. Bringing back the Dahlia Stamp, I inked with VersaMark and stamped in the empty space left by the mask. I then used Embossing Powder and heat set the flowers.
9. To make the frame, I used the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Frame, Mailable diecut. The painting process was the same as the bag. I then used the Uplifting Words stencil from StencilGirl. Masking off the word REMEMBER, inked with VersaMark, used Embossing Powder and then heat set. I also did this with the word BREATHE and TO from the same stencil.
10. For the tag on the bag I used a regular manilla tag and the same painting process as the before. For you and the frame are from the same stamp set as the Dahlia.
Thanks Eileen for giving me the opportunity to bring together my love of Papercrafting and Mixed Media together!
Friday's Blog Hop Order
All comments left for the entire week August 18th - August 22nd on all blogs in the hop will be eligible for the giveaway. One comment per blog post.
Comments close Sunday, August 24th @ 11:59PM Central Time.
Winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 26th.
Products UsedCraffiti Eileen Hull Dahlia and Frame Stamp Set